One-day intensive hands-on training
Do you need to automate your acceptance testing? Is the software you are verifying, for example, an IoT device, web service or a mobile application? Are you just tired of manual tasks? Would you like to have tests that are understood by all, not just the coders?
This course will give you a solid foundation, not only to get started with Robot Framework, but to really understand the fundamentals and prepare you to take full advantage of the power of test automation with Robot Framework.
- Duration: One day
- Type: Instructor-led presentations followed by live demos, lab exercises, and discussions
- Audience: Software developers, architects, DevOps and Continuous Delivery practitioners, and quality assurance specialists
Content of the course
- Introduction to the concepts of test automation and Robot Framework
- Getting started with Robot Framework
- Thorough introduction to the Robot Framework natural language syntax
- Test libraries: built-in and already existing external ones
- Understanding of the workflow tests and data-driven tests
- How to divide test suites and resources
- How to debug test case failures in Robot Framework
The course uses command-line tools to run test cases. It gives users the best practices on tools that can be used for automated test case development. No prior experience of command-line or Robot Framework is really needed. You only need to bring a laptop and we will take care of the rest.
Attendees are welcome to bring questions or challenges from their own contexts.