Empower your entire team with new skills
Contact us to plan this training just for your team.
Are you new to containers? The Docker fundamentals course will guide you through a variety of hands-on exercises designed to help you quickly grow to a seasoned user, ready to assess the advantages of containerized software development and deployment. It will teach you how to run, develop, and manage your own set of containers.
You will get the right skills that will allow you to leverage the containerization technology, reduce environment drift, and enable self-contained deliveries to production.
To put your new Docker skills to good use, we recommend combining this course with the one day Kubernetes fundamentals course.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use Docker on your daily role as a developer and/or sysadmin
- Use Docker engine features necessary for running containerized applications
- Create Dockerfiles and Docker Compose files
- Keep your Dockerfiles and images small, efficient, and fast
- Distribute your docker images through a docker registry, such as Docker Hub
- Protect important persistent data in volumes and bind mounts
- Package your own software
To make the most out of this course, you should be familiar with basic Linux command line skills. We also recommend you have Git bash installed on your machine
Note: Docker Fundamentals focuses on Docker for Linux, however, most of the content is directly translatable to Windows containers as well.
Great introduction to docker and docker-compose. Starts with the very basics but builds up to some more advanced cases. Focuses on showing how simple this actually is, and how it can make complicated tasks much simpler - like, why bother installing a compiler on your machine when there's a docker image for that.