Are you new to Git and need to have basic usage done right? The Git fundamentals training course will guide you through creating a new Git repository, committing changes, and reviewing the commit history of an existing repo.
You will also learn how to keep your commits organized using tags and branches, and you will master the art of merging changes by crushing those pesky merge conflicts. At the end of the day, you will walk away with a good understanding of the fundamentals of Git to work with the tool on a daily basis.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the terminology of Git
- Initialize a new repository on your machine or clone existing ones
- Understand the workflow of making changes into commits
- Isolate your work using branching
- Integrate your work using several merge techniques
- Choose, from a set of workflows, the one that fits your project best
You will need to have Git bash installed on your machine. Basic Linux bash knowledge is preferred but will be covered at the beginning of the course as well.
Empower your entire team with new skills
Contact us to plan this training just for your team.
The course was a great introduction to git and was well rounded in the topics chosen. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn git.