Empower your entire team with new skills
Contact us to plan this training just for your team.
Is your team starting their journey with Git and want to get off the ground running? Have you moved to Git from a centralized version control system and feel that you are getting more complexity without reaping the benefits?
This is the training module that will give your team a solid foundation to really understand the basics, and prepare them to take full advantage of Git. They will also learn how to improve your software development process by exploiting some of the features that are unique to distributed version control systems in general, and Git in particular.
After completing this training module, your team will be able to:
- Initialize a new repository on their machine or clone down existing ones
- Understand the workflow of making changes into commits
- Isolate work using branching
- Integrate work using several merge techniques
- Choose from a set of workflows the one that fits their project best
- Troubleshoot complex problems using build-in features like reflog, interactive rebase and bisect
- Fully understand the terminology of Git and its underlying architecture
Participants will need to have Git bash installed on their machine. Basic Linux bash knowledge is preferred but will be covered at the beginning of the module.