Price per participant
Empower your entire team with new skills
Contact us to plan this training just for your team.
Are you starting your journey with Git and want to get off the ground running? Have you moved to Git from a centralized version control system and feel that you are getting more complexity without reaping the benefits?
This is the course that will give you a solid foundation to really understand the basics, and prepare you to take full advantage of the power of Git. You will also learn how to improve your software development process by exploiting some of the features that are unique to distributed version control systems in general, and Git in particular.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Initialize a new repository on your machine or clone down existing ones
- Understand the workflow of making changes into commits
- Isolate your work using branching
- Integrate your work using several merge techniques
- Choose from a set of workflows the one that fits your project best
- Troubleshoot complex problems using build-in features like reflog, interactive rebase and bisect
- Fully understand the terminology of Git and its underlying architecture
You will need to have Git bash installed on your machine. Basic Linux bash knowledge is preferred but will be covered at the beginning of course as well.
Want to learn more?
Hands-on, 1 day
Hands-on course with a lot of exercises and learning material
Software developers, Architects, DevOps and Continuous Delivery practitioner
Theory & hands-on, 1 day
Introduction to Artifactory
Mix of theory and hands-on exercises
Software developers, System Administrators, DevOps and Continuous Delivery practitioners
Next training: 25/10/2022 8:30AM CET
Location: Tampere (EN)
Next training: 01/11/2022 8:00AM CET
Location: Helsinki (EN)