Westgate Hall is a vibrant community venue located in Canterbury, Kent, UK. It hosts everything from markets, fairs, festivals, city council meetings, performances, training, celebrations, commemorations, parties, and weddings, to community, education, business, and health and wellbeing events.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, remote working became a legal requirement in the UK. So the team at Westgate Hall needed an effective way to communicate with their customers and with each other.
The team—which was also downsized due to the sudden lack of revenue—quickly needed to adjust to remote working. But the previous communication methods and tools were difficult to track and took too much time to manage. As a result, customers were experiencing delays in response times. With footfall of 50,000 people before the pandemic, the team needed a more efficient and easy-to-use system to manage their bookings.
Clearvision (now part of Eficode) evaluated the existing processes and workflow used by the team at Westgate Hall. They assessed what needed to be achieved and explained how Jira Service Management could help. After piloting the product for six months for event bookings, the team saw improvements in their processes and decided to launch Jira Service Management as their primary booking system.
By switching to Jira Service Management, the team at Westgate Hall was able to streamline their booking process and make it more user-friendly for their clients. This helped them improve their booking conversion rates and manage their communication with clients more effectively. Clearvision now manages the account and community licensing for Westgate Hall and has been providing them with further training.
Overall, Jira Service Management proved to be a more efficient and easy-to-use system for the team at Westgate Hall during the COVID-19 pandemic. It helped them manage their bookings and communication more effectively.
“Jira Service Management has completely transformed the way we operate. It seems complex, but it is so user-friendly compared to the booking systems I’ve used in the past.” Westgate Hall CEO, Clare Millett
- Clearvision assisted with the implementation and configuration of JSM.
- JSM streamlined working practices and replaced outdated tools and communication methods, resulting in a positive impact on customers - generating new business.
- JSM helped Westgate Hall work more efficiently and demonstrate greater value to their funders.
- The user-friendly and intuitive design of JSM was appreciated by the team, making it easy for them to set up and manage their help desk.
- JSM proved to be a highly effective solution for managing venue bookings.
- Clearvision provided training and ongoing support services to help the Westgate Hall team get the most of the tool