In today's rapidly evolving business landscape, effective facility management is the linchpin that keeps your organization running smoothly. Yet managing maintenance requests, moves, and events can be a complex juggling act.
What JSM can do for your organization
Implementing Jira Service Management means streamlined operations and enhanced efficiency.
With JSM, you provide your facilities team with a central hub to capture and manage maintenance requests, moves, and event planning. This centralized approach simplifies communication between facilities teams and other departments, resulting in a smoother workflow. Your organization benefits from quicker response times, reduced downtime, and improved resource allocation.
What’s in it for your facilities team?
With JSM, your facilities team can tackle issues promptly and showcase their value to the organization through custom reports and dashboards.
Your facilities team may feel empowered with the ability to easily manage and respond to various requests. The predefined request types and workflows within JSM simplify tasks, ensuring nothing falls through the cracks.
What’s in it for your employees and visitors?
A safe and productive workspace is paramount for employee satisfaction and visitor experience. Jira Service Management provides employees with a central platform to log maintenance issues, reducing workplace hazards.
Critical safety information can be conveyed to employees through your employee-facing portal. This proactive approach to safety ensures a secure working environment for all, boosting morale and visitor confidence.
Solving challenges with Jira Service Management
Implementing Jira Service Management can solve a myriad of challenges in facility management:
- Communication bottlenecks: JSM streamlines communication between departments, ensuring that facility-related issues are promptly addressed.
- Workflow inefficiencies: JSM automates repetitive tasks and optimizes workflow management, ensuring timely maintenance and minimal disruptions.
- Lack of data-driven decision-making: JSM provides data and insights for facility departments to make informed decisions about service requests, maintenance schedules, and resource allocation.
- Inconsistent service levels: JSM maintains consistent service levels across facilities, enhancing the overall experience for employees and visitors.
The facilities service management template
Jira Service Management offers a facilities service management template equipped with pre-configured request types and workflows, facilitating processes such as reporting maintenance issues, requesting moves, organizing events, and seeking general assistance from facilities teams.
To create a project using the facilities service management template:
- Navigate to the top menu bar, select "Projects," and click on "Create a project."
- Opt for the facilities service management project template and click "Use template" to initiate the setup.
- Choose between a team-managed or company-managed project.
- Provide a name for your project (a project key is automatically generated based on the name or can be customized).
- Specify the access level (private or open) and choose a default language for team-managed projects.
- Decide whether to share settings with an existing service project (company-managed) and, if so, specify the project name.
- Click on "Create project" to complete the process.
For managing request types:
- Go to "Project settings" in the left-hand menu.
- Select "Request types."
- Edit an existing request type or create a new one by choosing "Create request type."
To handle forms in Jira Service Management:
- Within your facilities service management project, access "Project settings" in the left-hand menu.
- Select "Forms."
- Create a new form by choosing "Create form" and selecting "Facilities" from the template list to begin.
To manage SLA settings:
- From your facilities service management project, go to "Project settings" in the left-hand menu.
- Select "SLAs."
For accessing reports:
- In the service project sidebar menu, select "Reports."
- Choose the specific report you wish to view.
To configure customer satisfaction survey settings:
- Within your facilities service management project, navigate to "Project settings" in the left-hand menu.
- Select "Satisfaction settings."
For automation in Jira Service Management:
- Within your facilities service management project, go to "Project settings" in the left-hand menu.
- Choose "Automation" to access and configure automation settings.
Sustaining momentum after implementing Jira Service Management
The implementation of Jira Service Management is just the beginning; to keep momentum going, it's crucial to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
Regularly review and adapt facility management practices to align with organizational goals, industry best practices, and emerging technologies. Encourage feedback from your facilities team and end-users to identify areas for improvement.
Leverage JSM's reporting and analytics capabilities to track progress, identify trends, and fine-tune your facility management strategies.
If practices are continuously evolved and optimized, JSM will prove to be a valuable asset, streamlining operations, empowering your team, and creating a safe and productive workspace.
Published: Dec 8, 2023